Former NBA player Anthony Avent in conjunction with the Jr. NBA teach both boys and girls in Springfield the fundamentals of the game. It runs from mid-September to early November and takes place on Saturdays from 9am-1pm in the FMG gym.
Jr. NBA Philosophy:
- FUNdamentals – Teaching basic basketball skill development in a positive, encouraging and fun environment is rewarding for all involved
- Hard Work – Emphasizing how to compete – with a focus on working hard and competing to the best of your ability – is more important than the outcome of games won and lost
- Respect – Exhibiting a positive attitude toward players, coaches, parents, officials and teammates is how we honor the game and each other
- Sportsmanship – Playing the right way, the Jr. NBA Way, is centered on fair, ethical and honest competition
- Teamwork – Working together in a supportive manner for a common goal fosters positive social and personal development
- Healthy Living – Exercising regularly benefits both mind and body – leading to better health outcomes, greater energy levels, and enhanced classroom performance